Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Holy Hot Beach, Batman!

We went to Hilton Head Island for Jeffrey's regional meeting this past week. A family friend offered for us to stay at her condo for a few extra days, so we enjoyed more than just a quick weekend at the beach. Thanks, Vickie!

I interviewed a few experienced beach-going Moms beforehand with the following question, "What do you do with a baby at the beach?" While I'm pretty sure it's possible to survive a day on the beach with a baby, we were not so successful. We decided to forgo all wisdom gained from interviewing and "wing it." It got up to 95+ degrees most days and we were there with no umbrella and a cooler the size of a lunch box. Here is how we ended up spending our time...

Watching the World Cup with the wind in our hair (I mean with the air conditioning on)...










Visiting the indoor pool...










Going to the beach early to beat the heat (and grab a spot before those families with 8 kids and a grill take over)...










Enjoying dinner outside and sticking together...










Bathing in the sink because the above mentioned interviews should have included questions about how to bathe a baby on vacation...










We had a great time!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! Love the blog! E is a cute-E-pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad we aren't the only ones who have the same issues with the baby and the beach scene. We always got up early, stayed out between 8am and 10am, went in for baths and naps, and all of that took all our energy and that was when we only had one baby! After our first trip to the beach we swore we would not go back until our kids were older but of course we changed our minds. It gets easier-well, sort of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got caught up on your blog. I love all the cute pictures. E is so adorable!!! Great posts, Kate. There is a lot of chatter going on in the blogosphere about Jeff and Kate + 1 right now.

    "This blog is pure delight. Jeff & Kate + 1 will not disappoint."
    Blogger Weekly

    "Fun and funny with every click."
    Daily Blogs


    Teecy

    ReplyDelete