Friday, October 11, 2013

5 months ago?

I just checked in on my friend Kristen's blog and saw the dreaded "Last Update" under my blog name. Shameful! Five. Months. Ago. It's so long ago; I can't even recall what I was doing 5 months ago. Oh, that's right. Eating stir-fry lettuce from the play kitchen. Thank you, out-of-date blog. 

Summer: travel-o-rama with the kids. I now feel that a mock adventure of traveling with a 3- and 1-year-old should be included in all pre-marital counseling classes. Included in the class should be problems with the rental car, difficult flight check-in, broken security equipment, and then all members of the family running at full speed to an airplane which is full of (anxious, annoyed) travelers waiting for you and your screaming kids to board. We were sweating so profusely that Jeffrey still has a stain on his favorite shorts' back pocket where a red crayon just melted away as we WWF-ed our two toddlers as our plane took off. We were not offered extra snacks or any wings of any kind. I was offered a shot of Vodka by a flight attendant, but she was only suggesting I use it to sanitize my hands post-explosive-diaper-change. I may or may not have licked my hands following the sanitizing exercise. The end of this story is that we made it home with both children and Jeffrey and I are still married. [Pics from fun trip to Angie's in California to follow...]

Emily took a late-summer vay-cay over to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Her knee was the size of mine (no joke) so we thought we'd get that checked out. Turns out she had a bad infection which was suspected at one time to be the start of an arthritic journey. Strange as it sounds, we're thankful for a random, gross infection that has cleared up from high-powered antibiotics. The positives (other than her being okay) were the stir fry station one day at lunch and the amazing flavored coffee. Oh, and meeting Usher. I was like "Who? Where?" then I look over and Jeffrey's snapping photos of some guy in line in front of me for the amazing flavored coffee...

Ethan poops on the potty now - praise Jesus. The minute the poop hits the water he's like "Mom - eeee!" at the top of his lungs, regardless of my location. The dialog in public restrooms is now just down right embarrassing. "Mommy, are you going to poop-poop, or just pee-pee? Here, let me get you extra tissue just in case..." 

Also hilarious - the fair. Hello, Fall! Bring on the funnel cake(s). If you play your cards right, you end up in the front of the roller coaster like us. Hands up! Also, Emily took a pony ride until Little Mister started bucking her off. Mr. Friendly Fair was like "Just put her on that other horse...that's a good one." My feeling is, shouldn't they ALL be good ones? I mean, shouldn't they? 



And Target created this pumpkin-to-owl transformation kit for people who didn't get the expert pumpkin carving gene, such as myself. Emily, meet Hootie. Hootie, meet the person who's going to get all up in your personal space for the next 30 days or so. 


Nothing to be afraid of, Hootie. See? You're moving into a perfectly normal environment. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment