Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Bumper Sticker Lady

I saw this lady today driving an enormous SUV. For every square foot of the back end of that vehicle, she had a bumper sticker. No less than 20. Most were acronyms (i.e. OBX, SBI, etc. etc.). Side note: am I the only one who cannot read these? Unless I am on foot in a parking lot, walking slowly towards my destination (typically Publix or another store that sells diapers), I cannot read your acronym bumper sticker. Also, isn't this like a "car tattoo" of sorts. Sticking something to your car just seems super permanent to me unless you're really good with a straight edge and Goo-Gone. There, I said it.

Back on topic, people. I started thinking about my own bumper sticker theme, if I had the time to create the medley she had going on. Because you can tell a lot about the person you don't know driving the bumperstickerexplosion car, just by reading their politically-charged or vacation-themed accessories. For instance, the lady mentioned above is not happy with our current Presidental office, she watches The Walking Dead, loves her adopted schnauzer, and spends her summers on Tybee...

Then, things got even more funny in this head of mine (when the kids are quiet in the car, a girl's thoughts just trail off the deep end). What would my kids' bumper stickers indicate? Hilarity ensued and then 4 year old Ethan was like, "Tell me what's funny. I wanna laugh too." Here we go...

Ethan's bumper sticker #1: FBC (first born child)

Emily's bumper sticker #1: Be Free

Ethan's bumper sticker #2: Go (Thomas the) Train or Go Home

Emily's bumper sticker #2: SBALI (second born and loving it)

Ethan's bumper sticker #3: Veggies Suck

Emily's bumper sticker #3: Gimme Your Veggies, Sucker!

Ethan's bumper sticker #4: Bike/Hike/T-Ball

Emily's bumper sticker #4: 2.5 (the amount of time it takes her to launch into a full-blown meltdown in public)

Ethan's bumper sticker #5: I'm a Mommy's Boy...So What?

Emily's bumper sticker #5: 2 Sweet 4 Daddy

Here are some snaps to defend my BSC (bumper sticker choices):

Quality time in the powder room. 

Chuck E. Cheese (aka, Toddler Vegas) for Emily's birthday. 

At Nana and Paw Paw's house around Christmas.

Quick. Get the camera. It's Sunday and their clothes match...

Ethan in the first round of snow! 

1 comment:

  1. Katie, this is too funny! Totally with you on the acronyms. I can never figure them out and can't ever get quite close enough to read what they say underneath :)

    P.S. Is it ok that I have one sticker for Collin's school?

    ReplyDelete