Now, those who know me know that I'm not one of these folks who can take a couple of q-tips and make a centerpiece (I peruse Etsy for those finds!). But I loved the idea of making something for E and e and who knows? Maybe my grandones will enjoy this 'ol kitchen one day.
I began the search for the perfect little table to bring home and transform. Thanks to my local No Longer Bound Thrift Store, I found a table and "sink" (dog bowl) for the bargain price of $7.99. Then the project began...
If you haven't watched The Office, then for heaven's sake close this blog and make your way to the first episode. Anyway, I quickly became the Michael Scott of this project and Jeffrey was my Jim Halpert. Jeffrey did all the work while I made comments, got emotional at times, and cracked jokes that weren't needed or appreciated. It's a miracle we survived this project, people. We had some help from my handy father-in-law and the cute curtain came about thanks to Aunt Betty. The stove eyes were made by my new friend, Lesa, who can create all sorts of neat stuff out of vinyl adhesive.
Me: Ethan, what-cha makin' in there?
Ethan: What do you want for dinner?
Me: How about some corn? Yum-o.
Ethan: Can't.
Me: Why not?
Ethan: No marker-wave.
Translation: If you're going to make your kids a play kitchen, then be sure to include items that they see you use most often. In my case, I should have canceled the oven/stove and made plans for a play microwave, I mean marker-wave.
Here he is, getting ready to cook up some amazing stir-fry lettuce and a side of convertible car.
And here he is with the oven open, ready to cook up some brownies for Nana. (Happy Birthday, Nana!)
Bon Appetit!
I got sidetracked today and forgot to tell you how much I LOVE this kitchen!
ReplyDelete