I frequently make my first cup of coffee in the morning to the sound of Ethan on the monitor saying, "Uh oh." What he means is, "Uh oh. You walked past my room again, heard me talking, and are now making your own provisions for the morning meal instead of mine. Uh oh." During a recent breakfast where I thought I had my act together, I was proud of my idea to sprinkle cinnamon in his oatmeal. Two bites into the delicacy, I realized it wasn't cinnamon I had sprinkled. It was Italian seasoning. "Lasagna for breakfast!" I proclaimed as I went to the coffee maker for another cup-o-Joe. Ethan ate the whole bowl!
He has also developed some interest in spoon feeding himself, especially with the oatmeal. I'm convinced oatmeal is used in bridge construction because that stuff is like cement when added with whole milk and given a little time to marinate. Here he is, getting ready to slingshot some of it into my cup-o-Joe.
And it's only taken 13 months to figure out where Phoebe lives. This is a photo of Ethan banging on the door to our basement and chanting, "Woof! Woof!" Imagine Phoebe down there, watching soap operas, rolling her eyes, and applying another layer onto her face mask...
Here we are about to enjoy an actual Italian meal. No cinnamon, thank you very much.
J. and I just celebrated 5 years together. I'll spare our 2 readers the endless reasons why I love him. But I do. A lot. Big time.
I love all of you....and I am so enjoying this blog!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the all the nice comments, Aunt Betty. You are one of the two readers I am referring to! :) Hope you are doing well...
ReplyDeleteI like to think that Phoebe watches episode after episode of The Closer on a daily basis. Deputy Chief Brenda Lee Johnson really is a rockstar.
ReplyDeleteOh, and Happy Anniversary and all that mushy love stuff too.