Saturday, July 14, 2012

I Think What He Meant to Say Was...

I know every parent of a child with a growing vocabulary experiences what you're about to read. Here are some funny "Ethan-isms" and what I think he actually meant to say.

What he said: "Wow! Mix Mixer!"
What he meant to say: "Look at that huge cement mixer." [This one is funny to me because when he shouts it out of nowhere, it sounds like he's ordering a cocktail.]


What he said: "Mommy, put your shirt on so we can go in the store."
What he meant to say: "Mommy, please finish feeding Emily in the car so we can go inside the store and get a free cookie."


What he said: "Get down from there, Mommy. That's damn-dangerous!"
What he meant to say: "Mommy, please get down from the bathtub. That's just plain dangerous!" [I was standing on the side of the bathtub, trying to clean the shower with Ethan as my "helper." Also, not sure where "damn" came from unless he originally thought it was pronounced "damgerous" and then corrected himself.]


What he said: "I'm makin' some milk for Emily."
What he meant to say: "I just found these breast shields so I'm going to put them on my belly and see if any milk source is available."


That's Phoebe standing on the patio. She's thinking, "Good thing they've got that kid in a helmet. He's damn-dangerous in that thing." 

1 comment:

  1. I love the Ethan-isms! He's so cute. And Pheebs...what a pup. :) Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete