Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mom's Day

Hello to all you Moms out there. Happy Day to you! It's been a good one here.

At one point during the day's festivities, I thought I wanted to get away. Do some shopping all by myself. Once at said shopping destination, within 20 minutes I was ready to be back with my family. What was I thinking? I knew where I belonged today...

With this guy.


And with this girl. And her Daddy. 


Jeffrey gave me a sweet card this morning. Something about when it's all said and done and the kids are gone, it'll just be us. And no regrets. What a great perspective. I want to look back and know I took it all in. That's what I was pondering when I left my favorite clothing store and 'alone time' and walked back to my car - in the pouring rain - to return to the chaos. Because when the chaos is gone and the house is quiet and Jeffrey and I are doing a 3,000 piece puzzle on the porch, I want to know I embraced the craziness. 

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet. What a great perspective. Love it! ~Teec

    ReplyDelete