Wednesday, March 28, 2012

10 at 10

It's 10 pm at our house. It seems that life has gotten more fast-paced the past few weeks. By this time of night, my head is spinning or I'm talking to people on TV (I just tried to influence a gal's decision on House Hunters).

So in no particular order, here are 10 updates from our house...

1. Emily continues to excel at her job of eating, sleeping, pooping, and being cute.

2. Ethan continues to be a good big brother. However, I have to stay vigilant when he's trying to help. For example, he came in the bathroom yesterday, grabbed the bulb syringe, and headed towards Emily in another room saying, "Going to help Mommy with Emily's nose." I was able to intercept the bulb syringe with seconds to spare. You're welcome, Emily.

3. Today is my sister's birthday. She's one of those people you want to celebrate more than one day a year.

4. We had a fun impromptu visit from our friends Maggie and Marley today. A couple of great things came out of that visit - the most amazing cupcakes I've ever eaten, some good potty-training influences, and Ethan overheard me say that Marley's "feisty" and now he refers to everything as "feisty."

5. Jeffrey cooked dinner tonight. And cleaned the kitchen. And then Emily's most explosive diaper since birth took place while I was in the shower. Guess I should share the leftover cupcakes with him...

6. Ethan was singing a song about friends the other day and I asked him who his friends are. His response was, "Ms. Loretta, Ms. Maggie, Aubrey, Jesus, Addie, Brandon, Paw Paw..." and on and on. Jesus didn't make first spot on the list, but at least He's in the mix.

7. Jeffrey's sister, Angie, will get married in just a few weeks. She's one of those people who'll do anything for you. Such as babysit your kids at the drop of a hat or clean the aftermath of hardwood floor installation at your home while you're 7 months pregnant and completely emotional. Of course, these are just hypothetical examples of her greatness. We can't wait to celebrate her for a change!

8. If you talk to my son anytime soon and he starts to use bad language, it's really not bad language. He's just trying to say "grasshopper" which currently sounds like "a** a** hopper."

9. Emily smiles so much now and she gave me a little giggle tonight. Sometimes she smiles so big that her paci falls out. Then the smiling stops...

10. Life feels pretty complete right now. Don't get me wrong - we have plenty of bad days and sometimes we argue. Some days I feel like all I do is change diapers and it'd be nice to have some extra money around here. But this busy season of life is such a good one...



2 comments:

  1. Well put Kate! You are amazing.
    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the updates! Emily is a doll baby. Seems like things are running, spilling, crying, banging, going normally! Sweet children.
    XOXO
    Angel

    ReplyDelete