Being this pregnant and going out into the community just stirs up all types of conversation - and looks. People either avoid making eye contact for fear that they'll have to deliver my baby right there in the check-out line at Kroger or they strike up conversation about my size and splendor. Here are a few of my recent favorites...
- Yesterday, at Home Depot, a man in overalls and tank top (think Clark Griswold's cousin Eddie) yells at me across the parking lot, "Well, yer gonna git a Christmas present any minute now, huh?" I did not just make that up.
- "You're going to need a bigger shirt soon." Now, this was said to me by a dear friend who'll remain nameless. But I do expect a major discount towards my next purchase at his bike shop.
- This one makes me laugh every time I repeat it. "Turn around so we can look at you from behind." Apparently, folklore has it that you can tell the gender of the baby by sizing up the mother's posterior with a crowd of people. Who came up with this? Tell me where you live...
Oh, but I wouldn't change a thing about this season of life. We are about to have another portion of love given to us. Bring on the holiday M & M's and the larger shirt size - this Mama Goose is ready!
I just can't wait...I am so stinkin' excited to meet this new little one!!
ReplyDeleteI love it! You look so great and Baby Sulka #2 is one lucky little one! Can't wait til he or she enters this world!
ReplyDelete