Monday, October 17, 2011

As the Leaves Change...


Hello, Fall! Yesterday we made the trek to the local pumpkin farm. We all got a little something out of it. Ethan enjoyed the tractor ride and meeting some locals (a large cow and several friendly goats). Jeffrey took about 1 hour's worth of video footage which I will never be able to upload without the help of some sort of blogging specialist. And I sampled some yummy chocolate zucchini cake which changed my life forever. Oh, the season I love!

Earlier in the weekend, I was privileged to pound the pavement in search of all delicious mountain food with my good friend, Heather, during Gold Rush Days. We perused the newest crafts and tasted some of our yearly delights, including BBQ sandwiches and something called a 'Holy Spud' which many would argue is one of Fall's greatest edible blessings. We also visited part of our Alma Mater and discovered a new and improved dining facility (Chow Hall) right smack-dab in the same location of our college residence a few years back. [Side note: This is also the same location where I fender-bendered Heather's parked car at one time with her Mother looking on. Oh, the memories!]

One of my favorite marquis near our house reads, "As the leaves change, remember how they came to be." I am never so aware of Someone else being in charge as when Summer turns into Fall. If He can do that to a tree and its leaves, then think of the potential that lies in the messes I make every day.

Enjoy the Fall. All of it!

Additional Thought: I now realize that over half of this blog post is devoted to me telling you what I ate in the past 2 days. I neglected to mention the smoked salmon Jeffrey served me last night. Now that changed my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment