Sunday, November 11, 2012

Jingle Bells. Seriously?

I was just in Kroger for some Sunday night fun when "Jingle Bells" started playing. Like a true Scrooge I said - out loud - "What?" I'm typically all about the holidays, but I need a Thanksgiving this year, people. I need to exercise my thankful heart big time. I'm in a place where I want MORE and BIGGER and BETTER and I have just got to stop. As I sit here typing, staring at me is a little piece of artwork Ethan made in church a few weeks ago. It's a picture of a house he colored (he even puts "wheels" on a house craft) and the title at the top is from John 14 and it reads, "Jesus has prepared a place for us." Why can't that be all I need?

A thankful heart - let me start working on that...

Ethan and Emily at the Children's Museum. 
(Ethan has peanut butter, cucumbers, and Tabasco in his cart. Hmmm.)



Emily's first run with a hair bow. Jeffrey calls these her moon shoes - I say  more of prom look.



Ethan cheering me on at a race in October.


Ethan on the beach in October. 
This is, by the way, the best time to beach-it. 


On a little getaway with Jeffrey. Yay! 


Save the Jingle Bells. I want a Thanksgiving first!

1 comment:

  1. Great post Katie...I feel I've been in the same place recently too. And every store we go in, Katelyn says "It's Christmastime!" She's so excited I can't disappoint her, but I don't like to skip Thanksgiving either! I wish I could see Ethans "house with wheels". So cute!

    ReplyDelete