Things are going pretty well around here. There have only been a handful of days where I've found myself standing in the kitchen at 4 pm, still in my pajamas, with no plan for dinner. I can't believe I just disclosed that information...
My former self took pride in a clean and organized home (um, and regular hygiene) and today while I was making "eggs" out of play doh with Ethan on the floor in our living room, the light caught the hardwoods and I could see enough crumbs on the floor to make a whole other cereal bar (Ethan's fave snack). So hold your Swiffers, those of you who know me best. I continued to make play doh "eggs" and can honestly say that I have yet to clean and disinfect said area of the floor.
In other words, priorities have shifted for me. I have our plus 2 to thank for that. Before I get too mushy, here's a little photo journal of what's been happening during our lock-in with newborn Emily.
I call this Emily's self defense move. When Ethan approaches her in an effort to "help" by either smothering her or forcing her paci into her mouth, she almost immediately does this:
We have been staying at home a lot. A lot. Ethan has shown some stellar patience while I feed Emily, change her, etc. Yesterday he stood beside me with his sippy cup, asking nicely for water while I nursed Emily for 20 minutes. That's either some mature patience or a serious case of dehydration.
Shortly after this photograph was taken, Ethan attempted to roll Emily off his lap like one would a spider or other poisonous insect.
We've had a lot of visitors - lots of family and friends who might as well be family. Thanks to everyone for the company, the food, and the big brother gifts (he's wearing his big bro shirt in this photo). It's hard to believe you're already one month old, Emily. What did we ever do without you? We love you so much...


I just love this blog. Keep it up.
ReplyDelete(I just sent you an email too!)
So sweet! I can't wait to see Ethan and meet Emily...Love to all!
ReplyDelete