They also let us borrow their bike trailer for little people, which provided hours of fun for us and a little "hot pocket" for Ethan.
In route to our hotel on Amelia Island, Jeffrey asked me about 8 times if we needed to pull over for a diaper change. My response was repeatedly, "Nah. He's good." The lesson learned here is that prunes + oatmeal + time + hot car = explosion. So as I'm checking us into Swanky Hotel (note: We stayed there because it was free thanks to Jeffrey's company. We ain't swanky.) Ethan decides to play peek-a-boo. "Oh how cute," notes the ultra professional lady at the desk as Ethan pulls his burp cloth from his face to reveal that he is covered in you-know-what. Hair, face, neck (to include all layers), clothes, car seat, hands, feet, ears. It's all over the place. First stop: Swanky Hotel Room bathtub.
We enjoyed the Island, especially these little shrimp statues all over town. Don't look at this next photo if that crazy squid-faced man on "Pirates of the Caribbean" gave you the creeps.
Ethan and Jeffrey enjoyed some kite-flying action. Grab your magnifying glass if you want to actually see the kite in this next photo. It's the red dot above Jeffrey somewhere. We promise it's there. Somewhere.
We visited a state park on the island where we realized that the "sweat gene" has officially transferred from father to son. Here they are literally stuck together...
Now we are home safely and recharged! Thanks to my two travel buddies, this was one sweet vay-cay.
I just love his big smile...he's such a happy baby. I've enjoyed catching up on your blog...I'm still laughing about his fondness for door frames and the "I mean, why not?". Ha!
ReplyDelete